Serves: 10-12 slices
Prep: 35 minutes, 50 minutes
CBD Content: 360, 30mg per slice
Sharing is caring so spice your Sunday up with this CBD infused afternoon tea. Cakes made with olive oil keep better than cakes made with butter but this lemony wonder wont be around long as it is DELICIOUS! With the perfect dose of 30mg per serving there is plenty to go around. Making CBD delicious, sociable and tasty!
- 3/4 cup Natural CBD Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking power
- 1 1/4 salt
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest to thoroughly combine.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites over medium-low until foamy. Increase speed to medium-high; slowly add 1/3 cup granulated sugar, beating just until whites hold soft peaks, 3 to 4 minutes. In another large bowl, beat egg yolks with remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar on medium-high speed until thick, pale, and tripled in volume, 2 to 3 minutes. S
- lowly beat in the Natural CBD Olive Oil, then lemon juice to combine (mixture may appear curdled). Stir in flour mixture just to combine. Gently stir one-third of egg-white mixture into yolk mixture to lighten. Then gently fold in remaining egg-white mixture until no streaks of white remain (do not overmix). Transfer batter to prepared pan; gently smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake cake until golden brown on top, this should take about 50 minutes.
- Transfer to a tray and leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- Optional: dust on top with sugar dusting. Tastes delicious with cream & berries and this cake can be stores in airtight container for 2 days!