Time: 1 hour
CBD Content: 120 total, 30 per serving
Eggplant is one of those vegetables that absorbs olive oil like crazy...any excuse to use more! This recipe starts simple, with aubergines sliced in half and generously drizzled with our Garlic infused oil.
- 2 Medium eggplants
- Garlic CBD Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Fresh red chile
- 2 cups crusty bread, torn into pieces
- 1 cup greek yogurt (or any Vegan alternative)
- 1 preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh mint or cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 220 C.
- Using a knife cut the eggplant in half lengthways placed facing up on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 4 TBSP Garlic CBD Olive oil. Season with salt & pepper and massage in.
- Place in the oven for about 40-45 minutes. The eggplant should be golden born and very soft.
- Meanwhile, add another tbsp garlic oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chile and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the ripped up bread and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until the bread is evenly toasted and golden brown. This will take around 3-5 minutes.
- Combine the greek yogurt (or vegan alternative), preserved lemon and lemon juice in a small bowl, add salt and pepper to taste. Smear onto a plate ready to place the warm eggplant on top.
- Place the eggplant on the sauce and scatter with those crispy croutons and herbs as desired!
This recipe has a delicious contrast between the lemony Greek yogurt, soft eggplant, and crunchy garlic torn bread crumbs. Enjoy!
Shop our Garlic CBD Olive oil here.